A few days ago, it was revealed that that the special prize on the upcoming Lake Superior Rares Fest 2011 was a Petal from the Golden Lotus of Heaven, worth upwards of 300 million gp. Now we have the full contest details. You are to design a decoration inside of a bag, but there are specific rules that govern that:
Participants can use their creativity to design a decoration inside a bag, using items ONLY bought from NPC vendors such as gems, jewels, tools, cloth, etc.
Allowed items are to be normal items bought on NPC vendors (that include the bag/pouch/backpack where you will build your design)
* You cannot use tokuno dyes or natural dyes. You can use NPC dye tubs or veteran dye tubs (public tubs available at Fest Vendor Houses)
* After the items are submitted to one of the LS Fest hosts, you cant ask for your items back.
* Deco Bags *needs* to be submitted before Saturday 9th April 8PM EST (7pm CST, 5pm PST)
* A book with your name, ICQ or any other way to contact you, title of the design must be present in the bag OR be sure to submit it along the deco bag.
* Participants can only submit 1 Deco Bag.
* Fest Hosts allowed to receive Deco Bags are:
– Mokey Fraggle [FALL]
– Lady Pandora [~~~]
– Lord MeneM [BEC]
* Bags will be for display on Rares Fest Stage House and everyone will be able to put a vote on each bag using a Ballot Box (Available after Saturday 9pril 8PM EST)
I will actually be a judge in this contest, and am looking forward to it.
How is the winner judged?
Each Judge person will choose his “Top 5” Deco Bags in importance order. So first bag design will get 5 points, 2nd bag = 4 points, 3rd bag = 3 points, 4th bag = 2 points and last, 5th bag will get 1 point. Players can vote designs using a Ballot Box we will provide. The top 3 voted bags will get 3 points, 2 points and 1 point respectively. After all Judges have chosen their bag we will count votes on each bags and choose 1st prize, 2nd and 3rd.
The deadline is Saturday, April 9th, at 7pm CST, 8pm EST, 5pm Pacific.
Full Details: Stratics
Keep an eye on the UO Rares Collector forum at Stratics.